Monday, September 25, 2006

sunday night links - monday edition 9/24/06

so here's a recap of sunday night if you missed it or just wanted a review.

// the message
Then Agrippa said to Paul, "Do you think that in such a short time you can persuade me to be a Christian?" // Acts 26;29
if you're trying to "persuade" your friends to become Christians, you're probably not very effective. because if you you can convince someone to become a Christian, someone else can convince them to not be.

finally i gave you a challenge:

1) GO to "see you at the pole" this wednesday at your school @ 6.30am

2) PRAY once you're there, because that's the point, right?!

3) TELL someone later that day that you prayed for them.

-------------------------------------------
// the videos

DUI


SUMO CHICKENS

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was not sure if i agreed with your Sun night speech, just to share.

there is so much for apologetics. and so many people who came to faith through science and investigating. (ex: Lee Strobel).

I agree with you, though, that you can't bring someone into the faith in and of yourself. [your not bringing them into a faith of you, anyhow. the spirit has timing.]

there is a lot to be said for investigative pursuits with well developed rhetoric, though.

i spent time in college scientifically looking at the evidence.

so, i guess i agree with what you said, lol... there was just something i had dissonance with. somewhere.

i got through school today!!!!! i was so scared i was not going to!!!!!

and i got the oppurtunity to prepare chapel today. I was worried I would not have anything, cauze I hadn't prepared. So I asked another teacher what she was doing and she said, " I don't know, I haven't figured it out yet." That made me feel in company!

So this month our character of faith is Abraham, and the key virtue being dedication. I prepared out of Elizabeth Elliot's Discipline: The Glad Surrender.

There is a chapter talking about how we can know we are called in an area because we obey the word and the Lord.

The chapter was talking about how we often don't know what destiny the Lord has for us in our future, and so we revert to sentamentalism because we are highly relational and want to have fun (and rebellious).

So, we can know we are called because we obey. The book says sometimes we are given a desire for something, or we are convicted to do or not do something.

i was appreciating this last month's tag line for responsibility in kid's church :"proving you can be trusted with what is expected of you.'

So, this was meaningful for me in appreciating dedication with obedience with calling with responsibility. But I am not sure my students got anything.

I did not force conversation this time, by calling them by name. I just waited until people spoke.

But I know I was following the Spirit's leadership in terms of facilitating the group discussion. So, I am excited to see if anything is visably produced from that.

Does that stuff sound off-base and not relating to each other?

9/26/2006 02:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment